Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gratitude Tree

This year I've proposed to my in-laws that we do a Gratitude tree on Thanksgiving. I saw the idea in Body + Soul magazine, which I get at work. The idea is to find a large fallen branch and put it in a tall vase. Then each person fills out a card saying what they're thankful for, and you tie each one to the branches like ornaments. You keep the gratitude tree up until after Christmas. I liked the idea of creating something that can be displayed throughout the holiday season. I've also discovered how gratitude can improve your outlook (and your health). Everyone has something to feel grateful for. Here's my top 5:

  1. My parents are healthy and look after each other
  2. My husband is very sweet and makes me laugh (also good for your health!)
  3. I love my job
  4. New books
  5. My friends, even if I don't get to see them as often now that I'm in Boston.

No comments: